Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Just setting here not feeling to well today. First our youngest boy was sick then the wife got it then they decided to share it with me. I sure wish they were more selfish. They are feeling better now which I am glad of. I hate to see little ones sick. They are back at learning as of yesterday (We home school). Anyone out there looking to home school should check out Rod & Staff Curriculum it is put out by the Mennonites and a very good curriculum we have used it for years and been very pleased with it. This year we kept having people tell us about another curriculum so we ordered it and started off the year with it, big mistake. A few months into the school year we ordered the curriculum we should have started with (Rod & Staff).

I have studied the Amish and Mennonites way of life for years and think it is great. My wife and I have talked about maybe someday looking at moving to an Amish or Mennonite community. We are currently looking at an Amish farm for sale in Kentucky. We took a trip this past summer to look at some places. We went to Tennessee, Kentucky, and Ohio (Home of Lehman's). We found Kentucky to be the friendliest and to be the least populated.

I am now also looking at the Quakers. I am interested in learning about their way of life also. Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow so I can share some links to a few Blogs that I really Like.

No comments:

Post a Comment